- 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks (skinned)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot glaze or apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped cilantro
- Place the ginger and garlic paste in a blender and add in the coriander seeds
- Cut the lime and the orange and squeeze in the juice and grind to a paste.
- Stir in the salt and marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat an oven to 374 degrees.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the chutney and cook for 5 minutes, turn and repeat the process until the chicken is a nice shiny orange color.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 6-8 fresh apricots, coarsely chopped and seeded
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds and cook for 20-30 seconds until they pop.
- Add in the ginger and the apricots with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until a thick saucy consistency is reached.