What an accronym – CPR – does that get you into action mode or what? But this is what is funny, this really tasty, full-flavored creation took me all of 15 minutes to make. I made a later variation of chicken with this, much like an Indian chimichurri chicken, believe me when I tell you, this was good. Anyhow, down to the relish.
CPR – Chili Peanut Relish
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 3/4 cup
3/4 cup raw peanuts (shelled)
4 green finger chillies
1 small tomato
1 small carrot, peeled
3-4 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
Method of Preparation
1. Dry roast the peanuts on a skillet for 2-4 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to turn gently aromatic and gently golden brown at edges.
2. Place in the bowl of a food processor.
3. Remove the tops of the chilies and place in the same container.
4. Chop the tomato and the carrot and place in the food processor with the salt and blend until the mixture is coarsely blended.
5. Remove and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Stir in the salt, cut the lime and mix in the juice and stir well.