- 4-6 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- ½ cup low fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly roasted coarsely ground peanuts
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Extra mint to garnish
- Cut the tomatoes into halves
- Toss the tomatoes with the garlic, olive oil and the red pepper flakes if using and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook lightly on a grill for 3 to 4 minutes skin side up, till the skin of the tomato is barely bruised and lightly charred, reserve any leftover oil. Alternately, the tomatoes can be broiled for 6-7 minutes, with the skin side up.
- Place in a mixing bowl as they are done and pour any remaining oil marinade into the bowl over the tomatoes, and add in the mint leaves and the salt.
- Whip the yogurt with the salt and sugar pour over the tomatoes.
- Lightly mix in the peanuts and garnish with the red onions and extra mint. This salad can be enjoyed as a light, balanced summer meal.